I have always wanted to have a special little place. The Rick's Café Americain of my hometown. Sadly, it is cost restrictive.
The other day a gentleman who owns one of the loveliest little nurseries I have ever seen offered me a space. It is already set up for the facility, but it needs a good espresso machine and stock, and, sadly I am in no position to fund that at this time. The space is exceptional, opening into a beautiful garden patio and with a couple of peaceful fountains running. There is a marble fireplace for the cooler months. I envision a place for poetry readings and jazz. A truly cool, beat café of the type that I have not known for many years.
I am hoping that Big Coffee (or, perhaps, Little Coffee) will come along and affect my dream.
What I need is:
- Professional grade espresso machine, preferably of the old, manual variety
- Professional grade grinder
- Professional grade coffee brewing apparatus
- Storage for coffee and tea
- Ceramic service ware for various sizes of café beverages
- Paper goods including plates, cups and utensils
- Stock of coffees and teas
I propose that the supplier of the aforementioned shopping list provide it up front and that we pro-rate the payment for the first three months, until the café is a going operation.
You may leave me a note here or on my Facebook or LinkedIn account!