Sunday, June 29, 2008

oDesk

Despite the fact that the name sounds a bit like a piece of Irish furniture, this is a fantastic resource for a beginning writer! Twenty years ago, when I was first contemplating being a writer, you had to head off to the library to find the latest edition of the Writer's Market to see who accepted what. Despite the completeness of that work, it was by no means all-inclusive, and you never knew who actually needed what at any given time. The days of the Internet are boom-times for writers!

ODesk is a terrific site where writers and those who need them are put together. My wife and I landed a wonderful stint with an elegant new Denver publication, 1 Magazine, through oDesk, and I have another nibble that I am very hopeful about.

In short, if you are interested in pursuing a writing career, do not overlook oDesk!

http://www.odesk.com/

1 comment:

Orie said...

Greg,

I am so glad to hear that the two of you found good jobs on oDesk. This may turn out to be just a beginning of a wonderful career all done remotely from the comfort of your home (or favorite cafe?)

Good luck,

Orie at oDesk

PS. Send me your email address and I will make sure you receive an oDesk t-shirt.